May 6, 2015
Piper Celebrates Emergency Preparedness Week
Emergency Preparedness Week is an annual Canadian initiative event that has been occuring in the first week of May every year since it debuted in 1996. According to its official website, Emergency Preparedness Week “encourages Canadians to take three simple steps to become better prepared to face a range of emergencies.”
Piper is celebrating Emergency Preparedness Week by sharing things you should have in your emergency toolkit. Don’t have one? Now is as good a time as any to start!
- Extra keys
- First aid kit
- Flashlight and batteries
- Manual can opener
- Emergency plan
- Battery-powered or wind-up radio
Piper also offers app features to help you prepare for emergencies–even while you’re away from home!
- If a loud sound or movement is detected, Piper will notify you via any method you choose, whether it’s push notification, text, call, or email
- You can check in on your home live any time you have reason to be concerned
- Piper can remotely turn off the applications you connect it to via its z-wave accessories. Forget to turn off your curling iron or light? We’ve got you covered
- Piper monitors your home’s vitals. If it notices a significant temperature increase or decrease, you can count on it to notify you immediately
- Humidity out of whack? Piper’s got your back!
Happy Emergency Preparedness Week everyone, stay safe & turn to Get Prepared for more information!