Hello Piper

The latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Subscribe to our blog now!

How Snow Increases Your Chances of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is a scary thought and an even scarier reality. It happens after too much inhalation of the gas. One of the main concerns is that the gas is odorless, tasteless and initially non-irritating. This makes it difficult to detect any early (crucial) signs of danger.

Are you aware of the warning signs or the safety measures?
For those living in the colder parts of the planet, did you know heavy snowfall could be a life-threatening factor?

Educating yourself about CO poisoning is important for both you and your family’s safety.

Family Cooking Kitchen Food Togetherness Concept two children child proof kitchen

The Center of Disease Control and Prevention has some great tips on how to prevent CO poisoning. Definitely worth a read.

Going back to what we said about snow falls. The Piper team is located in Canada’s capital, Ottawa, and we, along with the rest of the city, “enjoyed” a record breaking snowfall on Tuesday, February 16th with 51.2 cm of snow.

Man cleaning snow off his car

Heavy snowfall can cause furnace vents, intake valves and chimneys to clog up which could cause carbon monoxide to build up in your home. Make sure to check if all those are clear to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

One more thing, symptom awareness is just as important!
Watch out for headaches, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, shortness of breath and stinging or burning eyes.

are you kidding me gif

Stay safe folks!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *